Natural materials including sand and limestone are melted together at high temperatures to create glass. Fritz Hansen uses glass on a range of products including vases, coffee tables and lighting designs.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Dust regularly with a soft, dry cloth.
Remove stains and spills as quickly as possible, rinsing with clean water and drying with a soft cloth to avoid water marks.
- Ink/wax crayon: Spot removal with benzine cleaning solvent* followed by a universal cleaner.
- Chewing gum: Benzine cleaning solvent*.
- Beverages: Universal cleaner.
- Cosmetics/shoe polish: Universal cleaner.
- Oil: Benzine cleaning solvent* or universal cleaner.
- Glue: Spot removal with benzine cleaning solvent* followed by a universal cleaner.
- Candlewax: Benzine cleaning solvent*.
- Printing ink: Spot removal with benzine cleaning solvent* followed by a universal cleaner.
- Soot/nicotine: Universal cleaner.
- Finger marks: Universal cleaner or methylated spirits/ glass cleaner.
*Benzine is highly flammable. Use with caution, away from naked flames and in a well-ventilated room.
Always wash off with clean water. To avoid stripes/blotches you should then wipe the surface with a clean, dry cloth until it is completely dry.
CLEANING & STAIN REMOVAL
Use lukewarm water and wipe with a clean, soft cloth.
Clean with dish detergent as the occasion requires.
Never use abrasives or sharp tools to remove stains.
Furniture: PK61™, PK61A™, PK65™, Stub
Accessories: Moon Eye Vase, Ikebana Vase, Ikeru Vase
Lighting: Caravaggio™ Opal, Clam™, Maluma™